Monday 2 May 2011

Candidates make an appeal for your vote

In their guide to the local elections, the Express and Echo are publishing 50 word statements from each of the candidates.

Today, along with Alphington, Duryard and Exwick, they feature my ward of Cowick.

Paul Bull, Labour
I've already heard the voices of Cowick residents on inconsiderate parking, speeding in 20 mph zones, the problems of the P bus routes and potholes throughout the ward. As a councillor, I want to be the listening voice for Cowick in tough times - to ensure efficient delivery of quality services in times of public finance cuts.

My Tory rival is quoted as saying "Throughout my election campaign I have learned just how hungry for change the residents of Cowick really are."

Since the seat contested is currently held by a Tory, I treat that as a ringing endorsement for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment