Friday 15 March 2013

Exeter Labour Sleep Out

Earlier this year I was contacted by many Cowick residents to ask what I and Exeter City Country were doing about homelessness is Exeter.


Well over the weekend I'm doing something practical to raise awareness and financial supportfor young people sleeping on the streets of Exeter

On Saturday 16 March I am joining the Exeter YMCA Sleep Easy event with Labour colleagues Lesley Robson and Emma Morse. 

We are planning to sleep rough in the Guilhall Shopping Centre from 8pm Sat 16 March until 7am Sun 17 March so that others don't have to spend the night on the street. 

The aim is simple - to raise awareness of the issue of homelessness and get sponsored to sleep rough for one night, raising funds to help disadvantaged young people to build a future. 

We're not pretending that this will be a real rough sleeping experience but hope our efforts will make a real difference to the lives of homeless young people in Devon. 

If you would like to sponsor me personally, you can donate on-line at: 
http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=430793&langPref=en-CA 

or you can sponsor the #ExeterLabourSleepOut team at: 
http://my.artezglobal.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=56228&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=direct%2Fnone 

Many thanks for your interest and support 

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment